This ethnographic park houses the remains of an old commercial loading bay, where trains unloaded their cargo. It is a conveyor used by an iron-ore industrial mining complex. A crane removed the cargo from the train and loaded it onto the ships below. This made the trading process easier for larger ships, as they no longer had to enter the estuary or wait for the tide to change.
The ore was transported via train to this place, known as Puerto Estrecho, through a 32 km long railroad which, in the early 20th century, connected Ribadeo with the furnaces in the mining area Vilaoudriz, in A Pontenova.
This industrial mining complex opened in 1903 and costed 6 million pesetas. All of this private capital was provided by the Mining Society of Vilaoudriz, then managed by Julio Lazúrtegui, chief engineer and main shareholder.
As from 1927, the railway started being used for passenger transport until it was finally dismantled in 1966.